Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Rest in the Lord

Hectic, busy and consuming are words we use to describe our daily schedules of life.  Our jobs and the activities of our children can keep us running on empty.  Worry, anxiety, and stress are some of the things we go through everyday.  ("Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Phil. 4:6)  God and His Holy Word though calls the Christian to act differently. We are to have peace and to rest in the promises of God.

"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you shall find rest for your souls. "For My yoke is easy, and My load is light."   Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment