Thursday, October 17, 2013

Weary, Weak, Wounded & Worn

Weary: tired, exhausted

Weak: lacking strength, feeble, fragile, defenseless, easily influenced, faint

Wounded: injury, hurt from cut, stab, etc.

Worn: valueless or useless, exhausted

Life does all of the above to us.  And, once life finishes wearing us out, the devil comes along to take advantage of the situation.

When we are weary because of being tired and totally exhausted we can hardly think right, and Satan loves to manipulate our minds.  That is where he starts - in the mind.  He plants a thought.  This is so easy for him to do because we're exhausted from our jobs, children, spouses, cares and woes and/or just striving to be a real Christian.  Being a Christian is a blessing, but it ain't always easy.  It's rough taking stuff from the world (all the time) and running out of cheeks, but GOD.  Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.  [ESV]

We're weak because we have given all we have to give and then some, but everybody just keeps on taking.  Our defenses are down and we become easy prey because we didn't pray to be restored or we prayed, but we didn't have faith.  Our faith has waned because patience has pushed our endurance to the test (no test, no testimony).  Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

There is nothing more deceitful than someone smiling in your face and all the while stabbing you in the back. You know the song: "They smile in your face; all the time they want to take your place the back stabbers." Everybody that's with you ain't for you.  When we are wounded in the heart because (not the world) but another brother or sister-in-Christ, (not a stranger) but a close loved one has, without compassion or consideration, stepped all over it; we can't go to a doctor to get it fixed, but we can turn to the Great Physician.  Isaiah 53:5 But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and mad whole. [Amplified]

Wow, so worn down by life until we feel useless and of no value.  The most depressing, self degrading thoughts come from thinking we have no more value in this life.  Nobody cares about me; I don't really count in the scheme of things; they don't take me serious, heck, they don't even see me - I'm invisible; they don't see my tears; they don't feel my pain; they don't hear me screaming; yet, I'm doing all of this right in front of them, but it's like we are in two different worlds - worlds apart.  I'm begging, out loud, for help, but my cries are falling on deaf ears.  I'm baring my soul and all they can do is console me with the same old, typical stuff. LORD, help us in our understanding!   Psalm 139:13-16 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.


1 Peter 5:10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

John 16:33 I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

We're going to be alright because God's in charge and He has it all under control.  "It's Already Alright!"


No comments:

Post a Comment