Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Day

When I think back on the Christmas mornings of my childhood, I still remember the excitement that it brought me. I couldn't sleep the night before, Christmas Eve, because, let's face it, I wanted to open my presents. That is all that mattered to me, nothing else. Did I get what I wanted and if not, how good of a Christmas was it? Wow, how selfish is that? I didn't take into account how hard my parents had to work to provide all the basic neccessities of life or just to make Christmas an occassion at all. After all, I was a child and really didn't know better. After I became a parent and realized what all the responsibilities were, it made me want to say thank you to my parents and apologize for the selfishness of my youth.
            Well this same thing applies when we think of the fact that Christmas is the birth of Jesus, and what he would eventually do for us. He died for our sins! He provided for our basic neccessities, so don't be so selfish thinking about your presents that you can't take time out to thank him for all He has done! God Bless You

No comments:

Post a Comment