Saturday, December 1, 2012

What Are We Doing?!

Last night I read a computer print out that my husband brought home that is titled: "Walking with Jesus, Abiding in Christ - A Faith of Action" (Mark 11:27-33)  When I finished reading what was written I was convicted in my spirit.

The Word of God is suppose to convict us, and keep us on the straight and narrow.

I started thinking about how we like to boast about how blessed we are, how good God has been to us, and how favor ain't fair, but I never hear us talking about what we have done for or with God!

How many hours a week do we give God?  Are we consistent and presistent in the things of God?  Do we attend church services on Sunday and Bible study night regularly?  Do we wait until Sunday to open our Bibles?  How often do we pray, and what or who do we pray for?  Do we feed the homeless, and give aide to strangers, orphans, and widows (SOW)?  And, if we did, when was the last time?  Imagine how much more God can do with, through, and for us if we had a better relationship with Him!

We want so much from God, but we are not willing to do what it takes on our part to get what we need from Him.  Doesn't the Bible say: "To whom much is given, much is required."

Come on Christians, let's get our act together.  God surely deserves better and more from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment